Saturday 28 April 2012

Wills & Kate - A Year of Wedded Bliss



Tomorrow is Will and Kate's One Year Anniversary! Yay for them! The gift in the UK for a one year anniversary is Paper...so maybe His Royal Highness will be buying Kate a novel to commemorate their year together. Or maybe a notepad of some sort...

It is so crazy that just one year and three apartments ago I was watching the Royal Wedding at 3:00 am in Vancouver, BC. Needless to say much has changed in the year since then. Pretty much everybody I know has had at least one birthday, Christmas has come and gone and I've moved continents! It's been a year of transitions and growing as I'm sure the next few years will be, until, that is I reach some form of being "settled"...whatever that may mean.

I've completed 4 weeks at the new job and although I still don't know everything about Accounting in England (and probably never will), it is going well. My initial feelings of shock and homesickness have faded (knock on wood) and I'm looking ahead to the many adventures this summer hopefully holds in store.

I've finally had a taste of "London" weather - it has rained pretty much consistently the past 2 weeks here. We had a false alarm fire drill at work where we stood outside in the parking lot in the pouring rain for about 20 minutes. My shoes had puddles in them and I had to wear socks over my stockings for the rest of the day but I guess now I have had a true London welcome. Hopefully the May flowers will more than make up for the extremely rainy April...only time will tell.

In other news my bank card finally arrived (victorious!) after a long 4-week saga with the Bank, I bought the above mug for my own personal enjoyment and am now limited to buying NO MORE MUGS in England (unless I run across one that is absolutely essential...I do have a slight addiction to beautiful and interesting mugs for my tea...) and I saw St. Paul's Cathedral (yes, this is where the bag lady in Mary Poppins sings Feed The Birds). I did not see anyone feeding the birds at this stage, but it was rather supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

1 comment:

  1. "Pretty much everybody I know has had at least one birthday"

    hahahahhahahahha

    ReplyDelete