Sunday 17 June 2012

My Mummy Says I'm A Miracle

This was the title of one of the songs from Matilda the Musical. This musical was a ton of  fun to watch and there were some fun surprises added in that are definitely not in the book! I don't want to ruin the surprise in case anyone is going to fly out to London to see it but let's just say the Russian Mafia gets involved...

He has some interesting theories, Mr. Roald Dahl. Basically he is saying that yes, every child is a miracle, and every one is a special little angel, just like our mummies and daddies say. But if every child is a miracle then really we're all on equal footing as we're all equally miraculous. A little depressing when you think about the billions of people on the planet and how you're really not that much more special or miraculous than any of them, but I do tend to agree with Mr. Dahl.

I think he's trying to say that it's important not to over value or under value the personal miracles in your life. To try to remember how miraculous it is that you have the relationships and memories that you do have, and to keep in mind a sense of perspective in terms of everybody else's private, secret little miracles of their own.

Bottom line: this musical is amusing for children and adults alike and I spend a lot of time pondering while going to and from places on the tube!

Every now and then I have to remind myself that my life is not always going to consist of planning my next European vacation. Oh, what a sobering thought that is, haha! So I have spent a lot of time pondering and I imagine I will continue to do so throughout the coming months, adventures and musicals and all. Mostly pondering how best to use the rest of my equally-as-miraculous-as-everyone-else's days.

No comments:

Post a Comment