Monday 19 March 2012

Farewell Canada

Hard to believe that a few months ago this plan was a vague idea in my head, a rough draft of shapes and feeling. Now here I am in Vancouver Airport awaiting my flight to the UK. I just paid 7 dollars for a bag of gummy candy.
In a way I feel as though the most difficult part is over: the planning and anticipation of such a huge change. I've undergone some pretty big changes in my life before and I know from experience that everytime something scares the crap out of you it also usually helps you to grow and become a better person. That's what I'm hoping this adventure will achieve. I'm hoping that it will be the jump start I need to get out of the funk I seem to have found myself in the past little while. That it will be a chance for me to recalibrate myself in an entirely new setting (London, England) so that I may return to my homeland a little fuller, a little more confident and much more settled in my own skin.
Needless to say most of today was spent resisting the urge to throw up/pee my pants. But now that I'm actually through security and in the airport I am floating on a strange Zen-like cloud of calm that I hope to carry with me all the way to Heathrow Airport, off the plane and onto the tube to my hostel.
Here's hoping! 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see your updates! I have been blogging for a couple years, check it out! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete