Thursday 22 March 2012

London So Far

Well. The past two days have been kind of a blur. More than a blur, really more like one really really long day. I managed to find the BUNAC Office ok and it seems like it's going to be a really helpful resource for me - a place to use the internet and print things off, etc. I got a mobile phone right away from the helpful ladies at the desk so I took that as a pretty large victory in my corner. I've been spending the rest of my time looking for flats and jobs. I've already been to see 3 different flats but so far no luck, a couple of maybes. The most exhausting thing is finding my way around - London is not like lots of the streets in Canada, which are built in, say, grids, for say, finding your way around. Lots of times my sense of direction has gotten totally mixed up and I end up walking in the completely wrong direction. I think that the day I do not get lost in London will be a great day. But the tube is pretty simple to get around on - it's just a long day sometimes (today I spent 7 hours riding back and forth to see flats, including a quaint 40 minute bus ride in East Delwich that was a complete detour). I am pretty anxious to have a home, as carting everything I might possibly need or is valuable around with me is a burden. And I'm just a home-type person - I like having my things in their space and knowing I have somewhere to come home too. So even more than finding a job my goal is to find a flat by 1st April. Till then I'll keep searching and trying to adjust to London life.

No comments:

Post a Comment