Tuesday 24 July 2012

Summer in London!

Summer has finally arrived!!!! At least for this week, anyway.

I have woken up to the sweet sweat of a hot, hot day the past few days. It is proper summer here at least for the moment, which makes me happy, in spite of having to wear stockings to work in the sweltering heat. Ugh.

Although London is very beautiful and has many parks to enjoy on a hot day it is missing that all important beach aspect that I love about Canada. This weather has me longing for some decent time floating on a lake somewhere. Not that I am complaining!!! I will take as many of these sunny days as I can get.

I`ve been busy working away the past little while. I went to see We Will Rock You with some Australian pals this past weekend. Although I do enjoy Queen's music as much as the next person, it was not my favorite show so far. Definitely was something lacking in the "plot" department of this show...

I much preferred the production of Taming of the Shrew that I saw at the Globe. I tried out the standing seats in the yard area, which I am glad I did at least once, though it is a long time to stand for 3 hours. This show was really well done and made me glad that I came to London where I can see so many great Shakespeare shows. One of my favorite characters ended up being the guy who played Grumio, one of the manservants who I would usually completely write off. Also, Petruchio was half-naked for an entire scene, and it didn't rain once!

The Olympics are nearly here but other than some tube closures it hasn't really affected me too too much yet. I am on the opposite side of London from most of the events, so stay tuned to hear of any adventures that may befall me, including my visit to the Olympic Park next week!

For this week I will alternate between staying cool and soaking up as much sun as my body can handle in this brief British heatwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment